Year of Call: 1992
Inn of Court: Middle Temple
Practicing Crime, Fraud, Inquests and Extradition he has maintained a high profile criminal practice stretching over 24 years and has led in some of the most serious and complex cases in the country.
Renowned for his cross-examination skills and ability to deal with complex issues, he is regularly instructed as a leading junior in high profile criminal cases. He has extensive experience in cases of multi-handed money laundering, banking fraud, computer fraud and cases of large scale drugs importation involving charges under the Proceeds of Crime Act and Confiscation Proceedings. He frequently advises international corporations, company directors and individuals resident in UK and overseas in relation to all aspects of compliance, money laundering regulations and other financial offences.
He is currently instructed on the Grenfell Tower inquiry acting on behalf of some of the families involved.
- R v. RS  – Leading junior in this case concerning a large scale conspiracy between 6 Defendants who were a group of Lithuanian ladies charged with creating numerous false marriages for non-EU members.
- R v. MK  – Leading junior in this case involving several Defendants charged with sexual offences and drugs supply over a period of 8 years.
- R v. VL  – Leading junior in this case of conspiracy to steal hundreds of cars by a group using very high tech facilities to make keyless entry into the vehicles.
- R v. SP  – Leading junior in this case involving a group of Bureau de changes charged with money laundering of £65M. International links to Dubai, Iraq and Pakistan.
- R v. KR  – Leading junior in this case of large scale human trafficking of hundreds of refugees from the Middle-east through Turkey and Spain and then false imprisonment and blackmail in the UK.
- R v. KW  – Leading junior in this case involving 5 Defendants charged with armed robbery where one of the robbers was killed by the owner of the premises being robbed.
- R v. RK  – Leading junior in this case about a group of 8 defendants charged with money laundering £50M through various businesses in London over a period of 3 years.
- R v. Sub  – Leading junior in this case 5 Defendants were charged with money laundering £23M though four money exchange businesses where whole sale large amounts of Euros where purchased and subsequently transferred through three layers to offshore bank accounts.
- R v. EL  – Leading junior in this case concerning 7 Defendants charged with human trafficking of hundreds of people across Europe over a period of 5 years.
- R v. KR  – A case involving 6 Defendants with unlawful burial which involved a group of students sharing a house where one person was murdered. It was alleged that they kept the body hidden for several weeks and then tried to burey it in the back garden.
- R v. Dang  – Leading junior in this case regarded as the biggest case of cannabis production in Europe with over 500 cannabis farms and money laundering of £5M.
- R v. Kashani  – Leading junior in this case of money laundering of £3M between a group of Bureau de Changes operating the Havala system with Iran and Dubai and breaching International sanctions on trade with Iran.
- R v. CC  – Leading junior in this case involving 4 Defendants charged with armed robbery of 14 supermarkets in North London where it was alleged that the victims had their hands and feet tied up while the rest of the group robbed the cash facilities.
- R v. S  – Leading junior in this case alleging immigration offences and conspiracy to bring hundreds of non-EU citizens into Europe by false immigration applications concerning work permits and student visas.
- R v. Ko  – Leading junior in this case alleging a very large scale conspiracy with a group in Russia to carry out internet phishing scams to transfer millions of pounds from bank accounts into dummy companies and then to transfer these funds overseas.
- LL.M, University College London
- MSt, University of Cambridge
- Member of the Bar Council Disciplinary Tribunal (2003 – 2013)
- Member of the Visitors of the Inns (until 2013)
- Criminal Bar Association
- South Eastern Circuit
Areas of Specialism
During his practice at the Criminal Bar he has conducted the defence in some of the most serious criminal cases including counterfeit currency linked to the work of the KGB and the PLO, international conspiracies concerning drugs importations, phishing cases, murder, rape, kidnapping and immigration offences such as people trafficking.
He frequently advises international corporations, company directors and individuals resident in UK and overseas in relation to all aspects of compliance, money laundering regulations and other financial offences.