Year of Call: 1991
Inn of Court: Middle Temple
‘A very able advocate, who is well-prepared, thoughtful and extremely adept at dealing with sensitive cases’ – Crime – Leading Juniors (Legal 500 – 2017)
She practises in both Crime and Family work and is of particular use where there are concurrent proceedings. She has vast experience of complex and difficult cases and extensive experience of sexual offences particularly where there are vulnerable witnesses on either side. She is a Level 3 Prosecutor on the sexual offences panel. She is happy to act as Leading Counsel, Led Counsel or Senior Junior alone as appropriate to the case. She has experience of Regulatory work having sat on the Bar Council’s Disciplinary tribunals from 2000-2012.
As an experienced Advocacy Teacher she teaches at all levels including “Training the Trainers”. She has been invited to teach internationally by the Advocacy Training Council (“ATC”) at the International Criminal Court in The Hague in 2015 and South Africa in 2016 and 2017. Since January 1st 2018 Louise has been a Middle Temple representative on the Bar Council.
-  – Wolverhampton Crown Court. Conspiracy to supply Class A drugs. Crown offered No Evidence on the third day of the trial. Client pleaded to a lesser offence and was freed from custody immediately.
-  – Snaresbrook Crown Court Section 18 and Robbery on the Defendant’s former partner. Use of a hammer in excessive force in self defence. Acquitted of the Robbery but hung jury on section 18. Case eventually resolved by way of a Guilty plea to section 20 on an excessive self-defence basis.
-  – Blackfriars Crown Court representing a religious studies tutor accused of sexually touching his under age pupils. Leading Junior with Brian Kennedy of Tuckers Solicitors.
-  – Blackfriars Crown Court representing a Defendant on three separate counts of voyeurism (the Defence being one of consent). Defence Counsel’s conduct of the case leading to a Judge’s letter of commendation.
-  – Snaresbrook Crown Court representing a Defendant who falsely imprisoned, seriously assaulted and raped his mentally impaired girlfriend. Psychiatric and medico-legal issues in the case.
-  – Reading Crown Court representing a serial sex offender. Defendant had severe mental health issues.
-  – Shakilus Townsend “Honeytrap” murder at the Central Criminal Court led by Jerome Lynch QC for the First Defendant (Danny Maclean).
-  – Worcester Crown Court. Conspiracy to import Class A drugs led by David Hatton QC.
- LL.B (Laws), UCL
- Bencher at Middle Temple (2015)
- Diploma in Forensic Medical Science (DipFMS) Worshipful Society of Apothecaries (Dissertation on Doping in Sport)
- Legal Aid Agency Independent Funding Adjudicator and Costs Assessor
- Advocacy Teacher
- Criminal Bar Association
Areas of Specialism
Her recent caseload has included allegations of sexual touching on pupils by a religious studies teacher, where she led Brian Kennedy of Tuckers Solicitors, conspiracy to supply Class A drugs which led to the Crown offering no evidence on these counts at the start of the trial and Section 18 wounding with a hammer. She has a particular interest in cases with a medico-legal element.
She has experience of innumerable care cases often with a medico-legal aspect such as “shaken baby” or child cruelty.
She is a School Governor and has Trustee Board experience having been on the Board of a Youth Charity, and is on the Board of the St George’s Dragon Trust which provides small grants to people for re-housing needs.