Year of Call: 1983
Inn of Court: Lincoln’s Inn
Jerome Lynch QC
He is currently seconded to Trott & Duncan in Bermuda undertaking a number of important “political” trials in Bermuda, appearing inter alia for the former premier Dr Ewart Brown in the recent Commission of Inquiry and in the Turks and Caicos Islands, the Hon McAllister (Piper) Hanchell, former minister for Natural Resources, on charges of corruption, bribery and money laundering.
Well known for his tactical advice and excellent cross-examination skills, he is an experienced Queen’s Counsel, Bencher of Lincoln’s Inn and former Head of Chambers. Specialising in tax evasion and SFO prosecution, he is experienced in white-collar offences, fraud, corruption, Companies Act breaches, murder “gangland and honour killings” and “terrorist” offences.
His pro bono work has ranged far and wide included death row cases and fighting major Public Inquiries. Jerome Lynch QC is ranked in Chambers and Partners 2018.
- Roberts (who killed his burglar)
- Whitehurst, professional footballer (revenge knife attack on a racist)
- Lim (the Grobbelaar Trial, match fixing)
- Geoff Knights (Gillian Taylforth’s partner) case dismissed on the sole ground of adverse publicity
- FA v Segers (alleged bung)
- FA v Burtenshaw (alleged bung with George Graham)
- Brian Brendon Wright (the “laundryman”) ‘£3,500m cocaine importation, ‘Arms to Iran’, professional assassination of a ‘supergrass’ and the Royal Blackmail case
- Queen’s Counsel (2000)
- BA (Hons), University of Lancashire
- Fellow, University of Lancashire
- Bencher of Lincoln’s Inn
- Advocacy Trainer
- Criminal Bar Association
- International Bar Association
Areas of Specialism
The full criminal calendar in including murder and terrorist offences.
Represented solicitors at the Law Society, Barristers before the Bar Council, Police Officers, Footballers before the FA and other professionals.
All manner of breaches from accidents in the workplace to breaches of tax regulations and corporate manslaughter.
Fraud & Commercial Crime
Long firm frauds, tax evasion, duty evasion, insider trading, Ponzi schemes.
He was Head of Chambers at Charter Chambers for 5 years comprising 8 silks, 50 barristers and 10 staff before joining Trott and Duncan in Bermuda at the beginning of 2014.
He is a senior trainer in advocacy, ethics and case presentation for Lincoln’s Inn and has recently been teaching lawyers in Mauritius and Bermuda in both civil and criminal matters.
- He has been involved in a number of television shows. For Channel 4 – two eight-part series of ‘Nothing But The Truth’ – moral questions set against a court room scene. A series of eight programmes also for Channel 4 called ‘Crime Team’ where two celebrity investigators are set the task of solving a real murders from the 19thand 20th Centuries.
- TV judge on the People’s Court for ITV 2005 for 4 months.
- He is currently making a new legal pilot for Channel 4.
- He has regularly contributed to the BBC, Sky and other broadcasters on matters of law as they arise.